Saturday, July 10, 2010

Headlines

I saw a headline from Friday's “Dayton Daily News” that inaccurately depicted an action taken by the General Assembly. As I have come to learn through the years, the media does not understand the Presbyterian process enough to know what we have done, and they tend to gravitate to the sensational, regardless of the facts. In our August newsletter we should receive “Assembly in Brief,” which is a summary of actions taken by the General Assembly. After you read that (or before), feel free to ask me any questions you want about the General Assembly. I will also plan on some type of presentation in worship or some other appropriate setting. Since I have been here, I won't have to guess what happened, I can tell you firsthand. This General Assembly has made several major decisions that I believe will impact the Presbyterian Church far more than the decision highlighted in the newspaper article, so I hope we all will have a chance to discuss many of the decisions made by this General Assembly.

Peace,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment