Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eve of departure

The time has almost arrived. I have been busily putting my notebook together and trying to get caught up on the important issues before I leave, but of course, the time to leave will arrive before my preparation is complete.

As I looked at the schedule and plotted my days, I realized three things:

1. I love worship. I have scheduled to be in worship every time we have it and to also take in a couple of extra worship-like events.

2. I must be genetically coded as a Presbyterian. I actually enjoy reading about the issues. Even scarier, I even understand some of the nuances of the process and the subtleties of the issues.

3. I find it a bit daunting to be part of a decision-making process when I feel so ill-informed on some of the topics. Sometimes I find myself reading an overture or an argument, and I know there is more to it than is readily apparent, but I don't know the back story. Or this morning I read two different arguments being made about an issue and found both compelling and written by people I know and respect, and somehow I will be part of a group that chooses one side or the other. Or, perhaps, there is a better way yet to be found.

I hope the Holy Spirit is hard at work, especially with those of us who are a little slower than others!

Peace,

Richard

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this. Tracy Evans is my pastor and suggested I check this blog. I will be at GA and perhaps we will meet. If you receive any wonderful insights, please let me know!!

    ReplyDelete