Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 13 Advent Reading -- Luke Chapter 12

Notice that the crowds really want to be with Jesus.  When I read of thier thirst to hear from Jesus and be around him, I wonder how my desire to serve Jesus and learn about Jesus compares.

We often think of Advent only as preparing for the coming of the Christ-child, but Advent also calls us to look toward the time when Christ will come again.  That's what Jesus addresses in the parables in this chapter.  Are you better at storing and saving for the future or living as if Christ might return tomorrow?  I suspect my investment strategy and retirement thoughts lean toward the former rather than the latter?

Just for fun:  Write down what you would to tomorrow if you knew Christ's return was going to be take place in two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment